Ming Wang, M.D.
Ming Wang, M.D.
Wang Vision Institute
Dr. Ming Wang, Harvard & MIT (MD, magna cum laude), PhD (laser physics), is a world-class cataract and LASIK eye surgeon, philanthropist, and community activist. He is the founding director of Wang Vision Institute and a Clinical Professor for Meharry Medical College, both in Nashville, TN.
Dr. Wang has performed over 55,000 procedures, including on over 4,000 doctors. He has published over 100 papers, including one in the world-renowned journal Nature, as well as 10 ophthalmic textbooks:
- Corneal Topography in the Wavefront Era
- Irregular Astigmatism – Diagnosis and Treatment
- Corneal Dystrophy and Degeneration – a Molecular Genetic Approach
- Keratoconus and Keratoectasia – Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
- LASIK Vision Correction
- Corneal Topography in the Wavefront Era – 2nd edition
- Atlas and Clinical Guide for Corneal Topography
- Refractive Lens Exchange – a Surgical Treatment for Presbyopia
- Surgical Treatment for Presbyopia – the 5th Wave
- Grow Your Eye Care Practice: High-Yield Pearls from the Marketing Experts
The Wang Foundation for Sight Restoration, a 501c(3) non-profit charity founded by
Dr. Wang, has helped patients from over 40 states in the U.S. and 55 countries worldwide, with all sight restoration surgeries performed free-of-charge.
As a co-founder of another 501c(3) non-profit organization, the Common Ground Network, Dr. Wang is dedicated to helping people find common ground and solutions to problems in order to achieve more success and happiness.
Dr. Wang has received numerous awards including the Honor Award of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the Lifetime Achievement Award of the Association of Chinese American Physicians, an honorary doctorate degree from Trevecca Nazarene University, NPR’s Philanthropist of the Year Award, and Kiwanis Nashvillian of the Year Award for his lifetime dedication to helping blind orphan children from around the world.
Dr. Wang’s patients include music stars such as Dolly Parton, Charlie Daniels, Kenny Chesney, Naomi Judd, Nicole Kidman, Amy Grant, and a “Dancing with the Stars” winner, Julianne Hough.
Dr. Wang is the founding president of the Tennessee Chinese Chamber of Commerce, co-founder of the Tennessee Immigrant and Minority Business Group, and CEO of Aier-USA, the U.S. extension of Aier Eye Hospitals–the world’s largest eye hospital group with over 500 locations in 3 continents–which provides eye care to 3 billion people worldwide.